Sunday, April 5, 2009

Back to having a life...


Ever wondered if an electron in the ground state of an atom were knocked out of its orbital, what the wavelength of the resulting x-ray would be? I started to miss learning this stuff, so I'm planning to take some classes in the fall at Rice or UHCL, and start working toward a masters in physics. I had to take the General GRE and the Physics GRE subject test, and it was kind of fun to get back into studying mode. The subject test is notoriously fiendish, so I ducked out of the social scene for the last couple months and tried to cram a large volume of books into the significantly smaller volume of my brain. I finally took it yesterday, 100 questions in 170 minutes, we'll see in six weeks how it went. After the test Christina and I went straight to a free wine tasting event in town with some friends and it was the perfect spring day to unwind. Now it's time to get back to the other stuff I've been procrastinating on, and Christina's glad to have me back too...

No comments: