Saturday, May 24, 2008

Expedition 16

At work I was lucky to be on the team for one of the ISS crews which stay up for 6 months at a time. The crew I got to work with was Expedition 16. It was really neat for Paul and I because the Russian crew member, Yuri Malenchenko was good friends with some of our good friends in Houston, so we got to spend some extra time getting to know him at parties both before and after his mission.

It was also a very busy time for our group and my co-worker Seth and I were particularly busy with the attitude planning. For this, Seth received the honor of "holding the ladder" for the mission plaque hanging in the control center. Only, he couldn't be there that day, so as his right hand girl - I got the honors of holding the ladder! Here are some of the pictures:



One of the neat parts of being involved in the plaque hanging ceremony is that you get to sign your name on the back of the plaque before it is hung up. I wrote Seth's name on the plaque since he was awarded the honor and then put my name next to his.

No comments: