Tuesday, July 17, 2007

House Updates

We've also managed to get in a couple of house updates... when in Russia I often pulled up pictures of our wildflowers... until one day I thought that I could actually frame them! The perfect spot was in out guest bathroom!

And some of you may remember our staining job - we wanted to make my high school bedroom furniture work with our new stuff. We left off in April, where the project had started off great until we broke a borrowed sander half way through and inhaled 5 pounds of saw dust
We finally sanded down the main frames of the dressers and got them stained as well. The only minor glitch was that Paul "reminded" me to stir the stain. Apparently I didn't stir the stain for the first round of drawers back in April, and the stain was looking like a darker, redder product. We ended up letting the stain dry and lightly sanding over it. I think it's turning out well.
Here's a picture of some of the finished drawers. We are about ready to assemble and will show you the final product when it's complete.

No comments: