Tuesday, June 19, 2007

The Arbot

Here is a picture of me shopping in the Arbot. It is a great pedestrian mall near the center of Moscow that has an abundance of restaurants and shops. And if you're a good bargainer you can talk down some of the prices. I'm getting better. I got a great deal (3 for the price or 1 and 1/2 ) and then not so great deal (paid double). But the item I paid double on was pretty cheap - so over all I came out on top!

And that's another great thing about Moscow... the city center isn't similar to downtown like we know it - a business district mostly. Bus the city center for Moscow is the Kremlin and Red Square... very historical and pedestrian friendly. So it is easy to walk around and get to the shops and restaurants. In fact there really are no sky scrapers - big beautiful buildings, but you can always see around you, so it's easy to find one's way.
Here is the Georgian Restaurant we went to eat at. It was very ethnic - very cute.
I ordered the chicken goulash - just to see how it compared to Grandma's. Well, as you can see it was completely different. 1st - no paprika; 2nd lots of dill. It was still very good - probably the best dinner I've had since we've been here.
This is a bit blurry - but you can get an idea of the restaurant. It had low lighting, and cobblestones throughout. There was also a stream running through the restaurant and we sat next to a small water wheel. I loved it!

No comments: