Today after work I have nothing planned!
The last two nights I have only had time to come straight to bed and then straight to work. The first night I had worked until 5 am, and last night I switched shifts with Lisa so I got home at 2 am and went to work at 7:30 am.
This means that for the second round of Russian computer problems, I got to be here not only for the failure but also for a lot of the troubleshooting. It has been very interesting. But also very complicated.
Here are some news articles about what's going on...
http://www.cnn.com/2007/TECH/space/06/14/space.shuttle.ap/index.html
http://www.spaceflightnow.com/shuttle/sts117/070614computers/index3.html
The status when I left is that the computers had come up like in the article... but then they failed again. We may have taken a step forward since last night we couldn't even power on the computers... but - we are a long way to keeping them up and having station thruster capabilities.
Things are starting to really interfere with the mission objections for the mated orbiter - and it's very difficult to plan things because we don't know when they'll be fixed. But the impacts are even bigger if we can't get these computers back up- I can't even write it down (for superstitious reasons of course... there's just not enough wood to knock on).
But - tonight - I am relaxing! I'm eating chocolates (that I was given from one of our counterparts) and ice cream for dinner - I'm watching cartoons - and I'm going to get plenty of sleep! I'll enjoy the evening and be well rested for tomorrow!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment