Friday, June 8, 2007

Too much excitement!

So as you all know by now, the mission is on, we are flying, and all systems are all Go!

That includes all my systems as well... I finnaly got to bed around 1:00 am woke up around 4:00 am last night (missed the big event) and haven't been able to get even 5 minutes of sleep since then. So with my brain running at full speed thinking about my upcoming work, if I'll find my way from the metro station to the Kremlin, where I'm going to get a map of Moscow (there's not one in my room), what I'm going to bring for dinner tonight, what the Russian Holiday coming up on Tuesday will include, and what I do if I forget my headset tonight; I can't sleep.

Plus - it doesn't help that my room is totally filled with light at 4:00 am either. Here's the no flash version of my room at about 5:00 am.
So despite all plans (and excitement) to make it to the Kremlin today (http://www.kremlin.museum.ru/en/main/museums/), I'm going to try to sleep instead. I have taken 2 sleeping pills and am hoping to get at least a nap in before I have to go to work. Although I'm disappointed I don't get to visit today - it's more important that I am ready for the upcoming challenges. Plus the three hours I have to tour wouldn't be enough time to see much of the Kremlin anyhow. So I will probably spend an extra day after undock to get all my Kremlin museums, churches and palaces in!

1 comment:

Todd said...

Good luck with the mission! Be a good little HSG'er! You'll have other chances at doing the tourist thing...keep in mind, you are in an awesome city...and getting paid for it!! Woohoo...go STS117/13A!!
Enjoy!