Sunday, June 10, 2007
Oh the Shopping!
Today I went to Izmalahva with some others on my shift! It was a ton of fun - I really love the Metro system - it's like an easy sudoku puzzle - not completely apparent but after you put a few pieces together it all makes sense. It's safe and makes me feel independent - because I'm not stuck in my hotel room. Plus it puts my Russian to the test.
This is the picture going into Izmalahva... just hoards of people come in from the Metro station. Mostly tourists go to the front part where they sell all sorts of crafts and goods. And they love to bargain with you... "Buy 2 and save 100 rubles." I also practice my Russian here... I ask how much in Russian, so they reply, then I confirm with English (most everyone knows some English here).

These two pictures are on the way home from the Metro. I always know where to turn because it is right after the THOR building :)
These are some of the items I picked up today... I could only talk the purse down 100 rubles - but it was so beautiful! And then I love these Christmas ornaments! They are great additions to our tree!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment