Thursday, June 7, 2007

Day one in Moscow

Lisa and I arrived in Moscow late in the Morning - although didn't get into our rooms until the afternoon.

We are in the new building, so some of the other rooms have minor construction (we hear nailing and screw drivers) but over all the rooms are so nice. We have great lighting and wood/laminate floors.


I know - it's the most organized you have ever seen me. Notice the safes in these rooms! It's really nice!
Bright bathroom with a little bit of cabnet space over the sink!
Okay... I admit it - the maid made the bed this morning! She also organized my desk and washed my dishes... but that's what I left her 40.00 rubels for (less than $2).

This is the view from my Balcony.

After a trip to the grocery store we headed out with a large group from work for dinner. Total we had about 16 of us. Dinner was at the "5 Spices" and very tasty.
After dinner we tried to find an Irish Bar (since the "Nuns and Monks" Bar was too crowded for our group)... after about three miles of walking we got there! But this is a picture along the way... You might stick out like a sore thumb when you're a part of a very confused and lost looking group in front of the Kremlin... the tour starts there!!
This is an incredible church we walked by on the way from dinner in search of a bar... the best picture is this one from a bridge over the Moscow River.
The highlight was shots through straws (even though it's blury I know you'll appreciate the picture). Then we went to the "Karma Club" which was also tons of fun. On a Thursday night it wasn't too packed so we got to dance the night away and then another half hour walk back to the hotel.

Now it's the next morning... I accidently set my clock an hour early so I have time to post this before work. I'm a little tired but it was worth it! We had a great first night getting to know the other people we'll be working with. Until the next adventure...

2 comments:

Todd said...

Awesome! Looks like you are having fun! Keep up the posts! They are entertaining!

Melissa said...

Oh I am so glad you are posting from Moscow. I never made it to the 5-Spices. I'll put it on my list for August. Glad you and Lisa are having some fun!