Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Russia Day

Today is Russia Day - the holiday to celebrate Russia's Democrocy. We went to the Kremlin to try to catch the excitement but nothing is going on until later today (Russians, like in any other normal country, like to sleep in).

So instead we walked down the very posh street of Moscow where all the rich people shop. I went into the most fancy grocery store I've ever seen... nicer than Harrods (although smaller) . Here are some pictures from inside... the chandeliers were incredible!

We then headed down towards the famous Star Lite Dinner for lunch. It's located in a little park area. That's another great part about Moscow - there are trees everywhere!

The Diner is a traditional American 70's diner - and they have the best chocolate milkshakes! So of course I had one and couldn't finish my meal because it was so big!!

No comments: