Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Undocking!


We just had a successful undocking! Watching the video of the space station from the departing orbiter was really incredible. There aren't any pictures on the web yet - but I'll be emailing them shortly. This is really what makes it all worth it!
Above is the Houston Support Group Orbit 1! My team over here supporting the mission.

And below are some picture of my Russian co-workers and I celebrating and taking some time to socialize... This is the other part I do it for! If you haven't noticed - I really love Russia. I love the city and I also love the people I get to work with.

It is traditional to have a small picnic - even in the office on out last day at the control center. Here we are enjoying ourselves, listening to music, singing, playing guitar and enjoying sweet fruits and chocolates!


For my next trip I have a couple of assignments: 1) learn more Russian, 2) learn more songs to play on the guitar for our friends (the 4 bars I know of "You send me" don't really cut it), 3) learn all the words to hotel California and other beatle songs so I don't have to sing jingle bells because it's the only song I know all the lyrics to!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Yay! for undocking! Hope your last day is fun and that you have a safe flight home....jingle bells? hehehe